Monday 19 October 2009

Dream I Had

I'm awake now, but earlier on I had a disturbing dream.

I dreamt that I was outside. It was dark, and in the trees all around me were owls, hooting. There were a mated pair of them; one's call was complementing the other.

I rounded the corner of a very old building, and there on a low, mossy brick wall wall was a large brown owl. It looked right at me. I found myself looking into its dark, beady eyes for a moment before movement to my left distracted me.

A cat was approaching the owl, ready to pounce. No damned way was I going to let this cat take down this magnificent bird, so I jumped inot stop it, knocking it iff the wall. I did this with about two or three cats.

I didn't see the owl after that; presumably it took off. There was a raven, though, and it gently brushed my cheek. I felt warm inside, as though loved and chosen by Raven Himself.

And then I remembered that Raven in some cultures is Trickster.

Owls, cats, ravens.

No comments:

Post a Comment